Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Les petit plaisirs de France


Tarte aux framboises
Let me say that the beautiful "tarte aux framboises" in the photo above is among the best I have tried in my entire time spent in France - better yet, the best I've tried in my life!  Perhaps I say this because at the time, it was a very early, chilly Parisian morning or because the previous night was spent at quite a peculiar hostel nearby. In any case, these pastries made my good friend Melissa and I forget our worries! I still remember just how much we enjoyed this breakfast (if you can call this a breakfast?) as we munched away, sipping our hot coffee and indulging in one of life's simple pleasures.

Here are just a few more photos of the tarts included in our breakfast that morning...  
 
Tarte aux abricot
Tarte au chocolat et aux amandes

Next time I am in Paris, I intend to return to this quaint, little boulangerie and treat myself to another one of their delicious,  melt-in your-mouth pastries. 

Here is the name of this boulangerie, just in case you wish to pay a visit yourself... 


Artisan Boulanger Patissier - 01.45.57.64.25
Located near  métro Félix Faure

1 comment:

  1. From my experience, no one can make pastries like the French! Do you remember the name of the boulangerie in downtown Lille we used to go to all the time? Black sign, name written in gold??? I think it was a French male's name?

    ReplyDelete