Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Orange, Lemon, and Almond Cake

I had never been a fan of citrus-flavored dessert, whether it be lemon meringue, mousse, cheesecake, etc. To add, despite the fact that I love chocolate, the  combination of citrus and chocolate also remained an unfamiliar combination of flavors to my taste buds.  


Then came the day when I encountered this lemon/orange and almond cake drizzled with dark chocolate,  which left me wondering how and why I have been neglecting this fantastic combination of flavours!

This cake was perfectly moist and consisted of fine almond pieces, real lemon and orange zest and dark chocolate drizzle on top. Although visually the cake resembles a sort of plain corn bread, the taste is far from plain. The combination of zesty, citrus notes and earthy, nutty flavor work wonderfully together. It is one of those "melt-in-your-mouth, can't-get-enough-of-it" desserts.

Now I realize how absolutely versatile the ingredients orange and lemon are when it comes to making any dish, not just dessert.

If you ever find yourself in London strolling around Borough Market, I strongly suggest that you visit The Rabot Estate and try any one of their delicious desserts.  Also, don't forget to browse through their wide variety of chocolate products - cocoa beans, chocolate bark, hot chocolate mix and much more!

The Rabot Estate
2 Stoney Street
Borough Market, London, SE1 9AA


1 comment:

  1. Loved the Borough Market and LOVED this dessert! Great combination of flavours. I wish I could bake this well...

    ReplyDelete